With B.A.P’s concert right around the corner on the 27th April 2014, we take a trip down memory lane to see what idols have previously visited the UK!
1) SHINee – SHINee first came to London in June 2011 for their visit to the Abbey Road Studios, although it wasn’t a concert, a performance was held for a select number of lucky fans. Then, later that year in November, SHINee came back to perform for the London Korean Film Festival Opening Gala Concert!
2) B2ST – The same year as SHINee, Cube Entertainment artists held a ‘United Cube Concert’ in London in December 2011 which included B2ST, 4Minute and G.NA. This was one of the first proper K-Pop concerts in the UK, with over 2,500 fans attending.
3) SNSD’s Tiffany, Yoona, and Seohyun – SNSD members Tiffany, Yoona and Seohyun visited London in February 2012 to attend the Burberry Prorsum Fashion Show.
4) 4Minute – 4Minute visited again for the MBC Korean Culture Festival in London, June 2012. Not only did they perform some of their hit singles, they were models for Park Sul Nyeo’s hanbok line.
5) EXO-K – Despite having debuted that very year, EXO-K were also part of the line up for the MBC Korean Culture Festival with 4Minute and Norazo.
6) BIG BANG – In December 2012, BIG BANG finally came to London as part of their ‘Alive Galaxy Tour’. Since the first date was a sell out, it was decided that they would add another date in London which also sold many tickets.
7) SISTAR’s Hyorin – For her solo debut, Hyorin had photoshoots and music video filming done in London during September 2013! Check out her ‘Lonely’ MV to see for yourself.
8) Jay Park – Soloist Jay Park came in September 2013 at the Hammersmith Apollo for his first concert in London.
9) 2NE1 – On 5th November 2013, 2NE1 performed at the London Korean Brand and Entertainment Expo. The next day, they also held a fansign.
10) Super Junior – Also in November, Super Junior announced they would be adding London as a stop for their SS5 show. Following this, they headed to Oxford to take part in a talk at Oxford University.
11) INFINITE – That same month it was announced INFINITE would be having their first UK concert at the Hammersmith Apollo.
12) f(x)’s Krystal – Krystal headed to London early this year in January for a photoshoot on behalf of Korean fashion magazine OhBoy!
13) KARA’s Jiyoung – As everyone may have heard by now, KARA memeber Jiyoung headed to London earlier this month with plans on studying in London!
Can you list any other idols that have visited the UK? List them in the comments below!