With many high street shops holding their summer sales right now, it is the perfect time to get out there and stock up on some more summer clothes. Especially if you have a summer holiday coming up and want to pick up a few extra bits for your ideal holiday look.
Today, we are taking our hot and summery inspiration from SNSD/Girls’ Generation leader Taeyeon and her MV for ‘Why’!
In case you have yet to see it, here is the video:
Taeyeon chooses some really simple combinations here which make it an outfit that will suit anyone, denim shorts and casual t-shirts are a great choice if you want to keep cool while looking relaxed. The singer also goes for some flowing dresses with a mainly white colour palette. The light and bright colours will give your look a very refreshing vibe.
- Silver Half Frame Sunglasses – New Look: £5.99
- Mid Wash Blue Distressed Ruby Denim Shorts – River Island: £28
- Black Woven Abstract Print T-Shirt – New Look: £12.99
- Ladies Flannel Shirt [Red] – H&M UK: £12.99
- Tara Tiered Babydoll Smock Dress – boohoo.com: £15
- Sleeveless Maxi Dress [White/Patterned] – H&M UK: £13.49
- Mia Crochet Lace Panel Burnout Woven Swing Top – boohoo.com: £10
- Reclaimed Vintage Souvenir Bomber Jacket – ASOS: £56
- River Island Reflective Frameless Heart Shaped Sunglasses [Pink] – ASOS: £8
- Black Chunky Block Heel Ankle Boots – New Look: £27.99
- White Perforated Lace-up Plimsolls – River Island: £24
- New Era 9Fifty A-Frame Reverse Classic A-Frame Superman Cap [Red/Blue] – Surfdome UK: £9.19
She also wears a souvenir jacket (or ‘sukajan’ which you can read more about here). These jackets are hugely popular in the K-Pop scene right now an have been for a while. They are quite expensive though, which means that they will be a real investment piece, however, you can pop them over almost any outfit and look really cool and unique.
Finish off your look with some block high heels or white trainers (Converse trainers would also work). Taeyeon keeps her accessories to an absolute minimum, which is best in hot weather. She also wears some unusual sunglasses which really stand out against her casual summer style. Cat ear or heart shaped sunglasses will carry on a feminine feel whilst still being quite an adventurous choice.