On 25th May, Guinness World Records announced that the Korean group has officially set 5 world records with Butter.
The list goes as…
- The most viewers for the premiere of a music video – at 3.9 million concurrent viewers.
- With Butter racking up 108.2 million views, BTS now hold the record for most viewed YouTube music video in 24 hours by a K-pop group.
- The most streamed track on Spotify in the first 24 hours – with just 11,042,335 streams. This beats the previous record held by I don’t Care by Ed Sheeran ft Justin Bieber.
- Last month, the group overtook Coldplay to break the world recor of most streamed group on Spotify.
- Finally, BTS hold the world record for the most weeks at No.1 on the Billboard Digital Sales Chart.
With the addition of these recent achievements, BTS now holds a total of 23 Guinness World Records.
Congratulations to BTS on their new Guinness World Records.