G-Dragon recently released his MV for ‘Crooked’ which was filmed in good old London! Undoubtedly, many of you Londoner VIPs were scanning the video for areas you recognise, but if you were not looking at the setting, I’ll bet you were marvelling at the eclectic array of clothing G-Dragon was wearing. Everyone GD fan knows of his fashionisto image, but never have we been subjected to so many designer outfits in a single K-Pop video.
It is for this reason that we have decided to try out a special ‘Get the K-Pop Look’ in which we have located a lot of the original designer pieces that G-Dragon actually sported in the music video. We don’t expect you to be able to buy the more expensive of this items of course (unless you are very rich indeed), but we hope you enjoy seeing some of the exact pieces the YG artist was wearing. As well as this, there are quite a few affordable pieces sandwiched in that are a lot nicer to your bank account!
I don’t think a collection of images of G-Dragon’s outfits will do them justice here, so in order to get the fashion fresh in your mind, take a look at the official MV below:
It is almost impossible to pinpoint a concrete concept for this music video, but you can definitely see a British fashion influence in the rapper’s clothing. He often wears some very punk attire, then switches to a more preppy and posh style. He goes from out-of-this-world pieces to nothing but shorts and socks in the blink of an eye instead of staying to one singular style that is easy to replicate. After all, isn’t this what being a fashionisto is all about?
- Unisex ‘Phuck Yo Hood’ Cotton Top by MISBHV – brownsfashion.com: £55
- Mens’ White Now Love Cross T-Shirt – Topman: £18
- Mens’ Criminal Damage White Vest – Topman: £25
- Saint Laurent Classic Oversized V-Neck Cardigan Sweater in Red and Black Leopard Mohair Jacquard – ysl.com: £675
- Barocco Animalier Boxer Shorts – uk.versace.com: £105
- Sex Pistols “Anarchy in The UK” Officially Licensed White Men’s T-Shirt – eBay.co.uk: £13.88
- Mens’ Vest Top – H&M UK: £7.99
- Hugo Boss Stripe Polo – House of Fraser: £85
- Romus-W Blazer – Tommy Hilfiger: £138
- Mens’ Black Leather-Look Trim Low Scoop T-Shirt – River Island: £16
- Burgundy Flannel Long Sleeve Shirt – Topman: £30
- Black 79 Mesh T-Shirt – Topman: £20
- Sinstar ‘Leopard’ Sweatshirt – Topman: £60
- Red Stripe Crew Neck T-Shirt – Topman: £14
- Mens’ Red Short Sleeve Roll Sleeve T-Shirt – River Island: £10
- Ishida Leather Biker Jacket – All Saints: £358
- Trendy Striped Beanie – Red White by Artex – amazon.co.uk: £9.99
- Black Foil Cross Tank Vest – Topman: £10
- Slim-fit Shirt (White) – H&M UK: £9.99
- Slim-fit Shirt (Black) – H&M UK: £9.99
- Black Leather Look Biker Spray on Skinny Jeans – Topman: £45
- White Leather Look Bolt T-Shirt – Topman: £20
- Dalton Boot – Tommy Hilfiger: £140
- Oliver Sweeney Foxhall Chelsea Boots – House of Fraser: £185
- Grey Americana 5 Pack Socks – Topman: £12
- Black Contrast Panel Hummel High Tops – River Island: £70
- Selected Homme Trench Coat – Topman: £140
- Mid-blue Ripped Vintage Skinny Jeans – Topman: £40
- Dark Red Skinny Stretch Trousers – River Island: £25
- Saint Laurent Signature Punk Cummerbund in Black Leather – ysl.com: £3,590
- Dr Martens Beck Creeper Shoes – asos.com: £105
- Converse All Star Low Black Canvas – Office: £44.99
- Hype X Topman Black Beanie – Topman: £15
- Rose Gold Tone Bracelet Watch – River Island: £35
- Dusk Orange Tiger 5 Panel Snap Back Cap (Black) – Topman: £30
- Dead Threads – Mens’ Safety Pin Pants – attitudeclothing.co.uk: £47.99
- Black Skinny Stretch Shorts – River Island: £25
Something G-Dragon himself promotes is confidence in your own fashion choices, to wear what you like and like what you wear no matter what others think. We may not all be blessed with GD’s chameleon-like ability to look good in almost anything, but surely we can all take his advice and have a little more confident in what we like to wear?
||| A big special thanks to Adam Cheung for his massive contribution to this article. The vast majority of pieces were found by him!
Please do check out his blog commedesvoguedown.com for more fashion pieces, many revolving around the world of K-fashion. Be sure to ‘like’ the official COMME des VOGUEDOWN Facebook page too! |||
Remember to check out our latest K-Pop Music Video Breakdown of G-Dragon’s ‘Crooked’!
What do you guys think of this special Get the K-Pop Look?
Are you confident in fashion or not so much?
Let us know what you think!
[Sources: brownsfashion.com, Topman Official Website, Yves Saint Laurent Official Website, Versace Official Website, eBay UK, H&M Official UK Website, House of Fraser Official Website, Tommy Hilfiger Official UK Website, River Island Official Website, All Saints Official Website, Amazon UK, asos.com, office.co.uk]