The Kpop fan community has used its teamwork to fight against social injustices, such as taking over ‘White Lives Matter’ and other anti-black hashtags. Now that energy is needed elsewhere
One Twitter user is on a mission. Poppy, otherwise known by her username KPoppy is trying to use the power of the Kpop fandom to tackle the ongoing climate crisis. The idea is for Kpop fans to use their platforms to fight against climate change.
Poppy’s inspiration comes from witnessing the other feats that Kpop fandoms have achieved, but also her frustration because “half of the world’s governments are ignoring the issue [whilst], the other half are moving too slowly.
The project, Kpop vs the Climate Crisis is relatively simple but easy for fans to participate.
To get involved fans just need to follow these three steps:
- Tweet on Friday 4th September
- Include the hashtag #Kpop4ClimateCrisis
- Make a commitment to do something eco-friendly and dedicate it to your bias.
Some examples of commitment are:
- Picking up litter in the park or street
- Donating to a climate change charity
- Using a reusable water bottle
More information on the project can be found by visiting Poppy’s Twitter page here.