With all the hype for the upcoming London Korean Festival, wouldn’t it be a great idea to learn about one of our Feel Korea artists!
KNK (크나큰) are a five-member male K-POP group who debuted in 2016 under YNB Entertainment. This made them the first male group of the company. The group’s name refers “to on the door of K-POP with their music”. All 5 members of the group were trainees of different companies before they joined YNB Entertainment.
The group released a track last month called ‘Sun, Moon, Star‘ along with the release of their second single album ‘Gravity‘.
KNK consists of 5 members: Youjin, Seungjun, Inseong, Jihun and Heejun.
- Youjin (24) is the oldest member, who was formerly a trainee for TS Entertainment. He previously trained with the members of B.A.P. He is one of the main vocalists for the group.
- Seungjun (23) was formerly a BigHit Entertainment trainee. He previously trained with the members of BTS. He later moved to JYP Entertainment after placing 2nd in JYP’s 10th Open Audition in 2013, in which he became an actor trainee. He is the main rapper, visual and a vocalist for the group.
- Inseong (22) was formerly a BigHit Entertainment trainee along with Seungjun. He later moved to FNC Entertainment. In 2013, he appeared in the reality TV show, Cheongdam-dong 111. He is one of the main vocalists along with Youjin.
- Jihun (22) is the leader of KNK, and was formerly a Nega Network trainee. He is also the main dancer and a vocalist for the group.
- Heejun (21) is the youngest member (maknae), and was formerly a FNC Entertainment trainee. Alongside Inseong, he also appeared on the reality TV show, Cheongdam-dong 111 in 2013. Before the show, he was the vocalist and guitarist of the Kokoma Band (꼬꼬마 밴드). He is the lead rapper and a vocalist for the group.
As well as having their own reality show called ‘My Keunakeun Television‘ which premiered on Naver TV Cast, members of the group have appeared in music videos of their labelmates, Bestie.
The group debuted with the song ‘Knock‘. The concept of their debut can be described as dark and mysterious, and conveys sentiments of 2000’s K-POP music. The melody presents the song off as a ballad, however as it reaches the chorus, we can hear a strong-beat accompanied by a powerful choreography. KNK have been described as ‘tall, dark and serious’ in this concept – It’s not surprising, considering that the KNK‘s members’ heights range from 5ft 11 (approx. 181CM) to 6ft 3 (approx. 190CM), naming them as one of the tallest idol groups.
Want to support them? KNK‘s fans are called Tinkerbell. On ‘Choi Hwa Jung’s Power Time‘ KNK shared their sweet story as to why their fans were named, Tinkerbell.
“We were watching the movie ‘Tinker Bell‘ and came to think that our fans are our tinker bells that protect us. So that’s how the name was chosen.” – KNK on Choi Hwa Jung’s Power Time
Latest posts by Sophia Tang (see all)
- [EVENT] Bongyoung Park returns for another LoKo workshop in London! - March 8, 2018
- [Weekly Idol] Jang Hanbyul - February 28, 2018
- [TOP 10] K-Drama OSTS of 2017/18 - February 21, 2018